Episode 53: Evidence Based Web Development
Knowing what works on your website is critical. Here are some tools to help you find evidence of what works best.
- 04:47 – Posterous – Create a place for your “stuff” with only an email.
- Tip from Ryan Heimbuch
- 08:33 - FollowBase – Listing of companies that provide support via twitter
- 11:26 – Evidence Based Web Development
- Split (A/B) Testing
- Tests to get you started
- Opening paragraph
- Call to action
- Submit buttons
- Check similar sites in your industry and try similar elements
- Knowing when you are finished
- If the result of page A was 20 conversions, and the result of page B was 30 conversions, then the difference between the two is 10.
- The sum of the two results is 50
- The square root of that sum is 7 (rounded down)
- The difference (10) is greater than the square root of the sum (7), so the result is statistically significant.
- Companies that primarily use split testing